My Family Is My Joy


This Blog is my attempt at keeping a record
of my thoughts, feelings and the moments in life that take my breath away.




Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sometimes When it's Quiet.....I Think

I have really enjoyed writing poetry, it gives me a place to put my feelings that I don't always share. Each of my children have inspired a poem of mine. This next one is for Chad. The first one I ever wrote was for Kevin, it is called " Remember Son".
Kalli can claim " I Cry Now" and Kimber belongs to " A Women's Prayer".

Women Prepare Your Sons

The love that I feel for you equals my pride

A blessing from Heaven, to have you by my side

Holding your hand as a child helped to guide you

Molding like clay, the man that's inside you

Teaching each day, something you need to know

Praying you seek His light, each day, as you grow

The man you become reflects greatly on me

The will to work hard to be all you could be

So little time , to make impressions that last

Remember my counsel, the hard times will pass

Hold tight to the rod, that is placed in your hand

For the honor is great to be called " A Good Man."


2 comments:

Vayle said...

Wow! You really have a gift. That is really beautiful!

About Us. said...

Awesome, you need to get with a lady I know who does poems and things like this in Caligraphy and sells them at Deseret Book & Seagul Book. If you are interested let me know. It's time to share your talents to the world chica!