My Family Is My Joy


This Blog is my attempt at keeping a record
of my thoughts, feelings and the moments in life that take my breath away.




Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lighten Up !

It is time to lighten things up with a new project. Every day this past week something really sad has happened to someone I know. Tomorrow we are throwing a birthday party / open house for Florence Hansen the sculptor I work for. She is turning 88. She has sculpted over 100 pieces. I wrote a poem for her celebration that mentions 13 of her pieces. They are Where Love Is, Cherished Moments, Devotion, Family Ties, Welcome Home, Teaching with Love, Called to Serve, Sharing, Young Women, Bridges, Taking Time, Women, Faith and Mother in Prayer. It was really fun to see what I could do with some of these names.

Where Love Is

Cherished Moments every day
Are molded in this sculptor's clay.
With Devotion to her Family Ties
Welcome Home her smile implies.
Her gentle heart Teaching with Love
Bares witness of our Lord above.
Called to Serve by Sharing her gift
Through art your sorrow and pain will lift.
Young Women heed your sacred call
She honored you above them all.
Her hands build Bridges where words dare not go
Taking Time for a friend she would never say no.
A Women of Faith, a Mother in Prayer
Blessing our lives in a way that is rare.
Her hands are like His, a master of touch
God bless this kind women we all love so much.

No comments: