My Family Is My Joy


This Blog is my attempt at keeping a record
of my thoughts, feelings and the moments in life that take my breath away.




Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Valentine's Poem for My Sweetheart .....Mike

Love Is A Choice

It’s not enough to tell you Mike, that you’re a real good man
The years have opened up my eyes, it’s clear to understand
The choices that you made before your life with me began
The foundation that you built upon, to live the Savior’s plan
It has not been easy, everyday brings something new
I’ve always known that I was safe, every minute I’m with you
A gentle touch, a warm embrace, encouraging me to
Stretch myself and try new things, and with your help I grew
You were born to be a Father, the best Dad I’ve ever seen
Teaching independence and searching out their dreams
Working hard to care for your responsibilities
You choose to smile even though I know it’s harder than it seems
I’m so grateful that you loved me first
And knew what path to take
You took my hand and knelt with me and covenants were made
Once we were young, and now we’re not
Our story I won’t trade
I share it now, and pass it on, and hope it gets replayed

Michelle Smith Isom
2/12/10

3 comments:

Parkin Family said...

You really have a talent! By the way - who is Michelle :o)

Michelle Smith Isom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Smith Isom said...

Very formal I know Beth. Are you impressed? That's how the cool poets roll : )