My Family Is My Joy


This Blog is my attempt at keeping a record
of my thoughts, feelings and the moments in life that take my breath away.




Monday, August 31, 2009

Ups & Downs

We have been busy with stuff. You know the good stuff and the bad stuff that we all face daily. Pictures have not been much of a priority for me these days. Kimber and I have spent many hours looking for fabric for her baby's nursery and lots of fun things like that. That's the (upside). The (downside) is she got laid off from her job last week , that is why she has the time to run around.
Kevin is now home from Denver( Upside). He might be going back to work a little longer, (downside).(Upside) is he has a job!
Chad is enjoying school at Snow College. (Downside) is it's 1hr. 45 minutes away. The (upside) is it's only 1hr. 45 minutes away. It is all in how you look at things.
Mike is now unemployed, I'm still looking for the upside there, but I'm sure there is one we just haven't discovered it yet.

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Life sure sucks, and sometimes life is really awesome. I just hate it when the suckiness (is that a word) tends to creep over into my awesome world. It sounds like, maybe, this time, the "suck" is winning. What can I do? I really am awfully sorry about Mikes job. That would scare me to death.

Remember your "boot straps".

Parkin Family said...

The job stuff sucks! Let us know what we can do....What field is he in...we can keep our ears open....Babys are for sure the good stuff!

Michelle Smith Isom said...

Thanks for the support Jeff and Beth. The most important thing right now for Mike is networking through the people who know people concept. He works with Oracle Database Programs. He is a Database Admin. (DBA) If you hear of anything drop us an e-mail. Praying is acceptable too :)