I Cry Now
Back in the day, when my kids were young
Adventures were new, and we had so much fun
The growing pains of childhood
Would often bring them tears
Falling down, climbing up, conquering their fears
They looked for comfort, when hurt or bruised
A hug and a kiss, were quite often used
Their cuts and scrapes were easily managed,
With a simple fix of a cartoon bandage
Their fight for the right was sometimes lonely
I stood in their corner, their one and only
They're growing older with each new season
Mature and stronger, it stands to reason
They still get hurt, their cuts are now deeper
Their heart's get broken, their hills to climb steeper
I can hear it in their voice, when they call or text
I pray I can handle what's coming next
They lie and they say, " Mom, I'm doing fine",
Hoping to give me some peace of mind
I know in my heart that each choice they make
Is made with great care to avoid a mistake
There are still some tears, after all of these years
This caught me by surprise
Now I am the one, who's doing the crying
My heart can break, without even trying
So Lord, give me strength, to be a good Mom
To council and guide even though they are gone
To listen not judge, be mindful and caring
And always be cautious, with my opinion
Back in the day, when my kids were young
Adventures were new, and we had so much fun
The growing pains of childhood
Would often bring them tears
Falling down, climbing up, conquering their fears
They looked for comfort, when hurt or bruised
A hug and a kiss, were quite often used
Their cuts and scrapes were easily managed,
With a simple fix of a cartoon bandage
Their fight for the right was sometimes lonely
I stood in their corner, their one and only
They're growing older with each new season
Mature and stronger, it stands to reason
They still get hurt, their cuts are now deeper
Their heart's get broken, their hills to climb steeper
I can hear it in their voice, when they call or text
I pray I can handle what's coming next
They lie and they say, " Mom, I'm doing fine",
Hoping to give me some peace of mind
I know in my heart that each choice they make
Is made with great care to avoid a mistake
There are still some tears, after all of these years
This caught me by surprise
Now I am the one, who's doing the crying
My heart can break, without even trying
So Lord, give me strength, to be a good Mom
To council and guide even though they are gone
To listen not judge, be mindful and caring
And always be cautious, with my opinion
when sharing*
By: Shelly Isom
9/10/08
By: Shelly Isom
9/10/08
1 comment:
Mommy - you made me cry, that was Beautiful ... You're the best thank you for always being there for me!!!
Post a Comment